- Avg. revenue /month$19,440
- Avg. sessions /month17,641
- Avg. profit /month$7,000
- Inventory value$25,000
Why this business was started
There's a strong need for high-performance masks. People are confused by the various types of masks available. We want to help people to understand the difference between high-quality medical-grade masks and run-of-the-mill and ultimately giving our customers the best protection possible.
The reason of selling this business
I have a number of other e-commerce ventures that I need to spend more time on. This store could be significantly more profitable with more attention, in particular with an expansion to eBay/Amazon (or in conjunction with existing eBay/Amazon presence if you already have one)
What's involved in running this business
Marketing is the key and the rest are super easy. Keep exploring and growing marketing channels will help sustain and grow profitability. At the current revenue level, the cost of customer service by a VA should be no more than $100 a month. With just about 10 unique SKUs, fulfillment is handled by a 3p FC in LA.
Traffic and Performance
- Avg. revenue /month$19,440Verified
- Avg. sessions /month17,641Verified
- Avg. profit /month$7,000
- Inventory value$25,000
- Profit Margin32%
- Avg. sales /month250
- Shopify plan
- Inventory warehouse
- various shopify apps
- Various advertising channels (not FB or Google)
Logo and branding assetseverything in google drive
Personal support after sale2 months of consulting/advisory services - up to 2 hours a week. We have a 15 day return policy but returns are extremely rare. We will take care of any refund/dispute from sales prior to the shop transfer. Whatever I can do to help.
Product photoseverything in google drive
Social mediaNot Included
SuppliersWe will make introductions. Good reliable low cost suppliers (primarily just two)
How to grow this business
With a stable 30% net margin and a small number of marketing partners, as a standalone site, there's potential for growth in many areas:
- Expanding marketing partnership/channels. Continue to identify efficient marketing venues.
- Build a social media presence and leverage influencers. We have not invested in this area at all so far.
- Test pricing strategy. We have not significantly adjusted our pricing during the past several months while the cost of many of our products has declined. Testing lower price points may bring volume growth and lead to higher overall profit.
- Expand online chat and telephone order channels. We believe there is an underserved older customer base that would feel more comfortable placing orders via phone. We do currently have a phone number for customer service but we have not advertised it as a channel for placing orders.
- We believe fulfillment cost can be reduced from the current ~$10 (fulfillment center fee/packaging plus shipping cost) to ~$6. We have been mostly using the more expensive priority mail. This would increase the margin by 4-5%.
There are many other opportunities if the business is part of a wholesale healthcare product business or in conjunction with an Amazon/eBay presence. This site has generated many wholesale / government contract leads in the past several months.
Please note that the business has been fully operating for the last 5-6 months, while the Shopify store was registered 10 months ago (the domain was registered 7 months ago). All the businesses mentioned in this offering were conducted since September of 2020. However, due to Shopify’s requirement of calculating the average over the entire period from registration, the revenue, cost, and profit were averaged based on 10 months despite no business was conducted prior to October 2020. (e.g. revenue average $40K/month, with a profit of $12k/month for the last 5 month)
Skills to have
Knowing something about marketing would be helpful.
Our features for a secure experience
- Verified revenue and traffic
- Secure messaging platform
- Escrow payment system
- Dedicated migration team
Why use Exchange?
Exchange is the largest and fastest-growing marketplace for Shopify e-commerce stores
Verified listing data
The revenue and traffic data that you see on each listing is pulled directly from its Shopify account. This means that the data has been verified. Exchange reviews and monitors listings for thorough and accurate information.
Secure messaging platform
You will be able to communicate with sellers via a secure messaging platform. After you log in and request information from a listing, sellers are notified and have the ability to respond. When you are ready, you can make an offer.
Encrypted payment capture
Exchange and Escrow.com have partnered together to provide you with safe transactions that have bank encryption, making sure that payment is securely captured. Escrow.com ensures that its users pass verification checks before transactions can proceed.
Take time to inspect the business
Once you submit payment to Escrow.com and the payment has been secured, the funds are held until you confirm that all assets received are as negotiated. You can use the inspection period to ask the seller any extra questions about the business.
Safe store transfer
When the transaction is finalized, the dedicated migration team at Exchange will begin the process of making you the new owner of the store. Buyers and sellers will be notified via an email from the Exchange team once store transfers have been completed.
Post-purchase 24/7 Shopify support
Once you log into your Shopify account for the first time and choose a subscription plan, Shopify Support Gurus are available 24/7 to help you with the settings of the store.