- Avg. revenue /month$25,801
- Avg. sessions /month12,341
- Avg. profit /month$5,000
- Inventory value$40,000
Why this business was started
I am a real estate investor who started this company as a passion project almost four years ago. At the time, I had no idea that it would grow so big, so fast. It's been a very enjoyable and fulfilling journey growing this brand from $0 to $1.2 million+ in sales and I'm excited to watch the new owner take this brand to 8 figures and beyond. I look forward to working directly with the new owner to ensure a smooth and very thorough transition.
The reason of selling this business
Having experienced year on year growth since it's creation, it is now getting far beyond my limited capabilities and I do not have enough time to invest in continuing to grow this business. I have become the biggest bottleneck to growth and would like to see someone with more time, dedication, and experience continue growing this brand.
What's involved in running this business
Many of the day to day tasks are either automated or run by my team of virtual assistants. The primary tasks that I perform are new design creation, inventory order management, and marketing.
Well established, successful, turn-key business with year on year growth since 2016, and huge scaling potential.
Our company was started as a passion project and has undergone rapid growth over the last 4 years. It is now at a point where the owner feels a more experienced company/brand would be best suited to scale it to the next level.
Unlike many other apparel businesses for sale, our company is not purely print-on-demand (POD). We hold inventory and fully branded products. Our business extends from production to fulfillment, giving us greater control and transparency of our supply chain. This gives us the advantage of:
1) Selling fully branded products, resulting in improved brand loyalty and higher perceived value.
2) Offering unique styles that POD vendors cannot offer, differentiating our products from competitors.
3) Reducing shipping times, improving the customer experience.
4) Improving product quality, leading to happier customers and lower product returns.
5) Reducing cost of goods, increasing profit margins.
6) Giving us greater insight into our supply chain to ensure ethical practices and eco-friendly production.
Company highlights include:
1) Year on year growth since 2016
2) Over $1.2 million in lifetime sales since May 2016 (nearly $500,000 of sales in 2019 alone)
3) 28,000+ lifetime orders
4) Etsy store with 1,000+ organic orders and a 4.5 star rating from 90+ reviews
5) High average order value: $43+ lifetime (increased to $55+ since beginning of December 2019)
6) High conversion rate (compared to industry average): 4.68% lifetime
7) Seasoned Facebook pixel with 21,000+ website purchases recorded
8) High traffic custom domain - top 2% of stores that launched the same week
9) Beautifully designed and conversion optimized website
10) Recognized as an “elite top seller” by previous print-on-demand partner, and one of their largest clients.
11) 38,000+ e-mail subscribers - very lucrative list, great for back-end sales
12) Nearly 4,000 Messenger subscribers - Big opportunity for new owner as these subscribers have never been sent a Messenger campaign
13) Large social media following: 100,000+ followers just on Facebook/Instagram alone with high organic engagement
14) 400+ private Facebook community (created in 2019)
15) Pinterest account with 57,000+ monthly viewers - great source of organic sales
16) Valuable market research information gathered from years of social media engagement
17) Hard working, efficient team of freelancers (customer support, social media moderation, graphic design, web development, image editing)
This is an incredible opportunity for a medium to large established business with experience scaling a successful and rapidly growing company/brand.
• Please, serious inquiries only.
• No owner financing available.
Why should someone buy this store?
As illustrated by the company highlights listed in the General Information section, this store has already proven itself to have high earnings with just one main, part-time person at the helm doing essentially everything. It is also important to point out that I am by no means an expert at any of the business tasks that I perform. I am self taught and have learnt along the way, in my spare time. If the new owner can invest more time in the company, it would grow much bigger, much faster.
That said, with $1.2 million+ in sales, an e-mail list of 38,000+, and a social media following of well over 100,000 followers, I feel that much of the initial hard work and foundational building blocks required in establishing a successful business/brand are already in place. I've also set up very efficient systems, which will be valuable to the owner during the transition period and beyond.
With the right team, resources, and expertise, this brand has potential for significant growth and I truly believe it can be a household name. By removing the bottleneck to growth (ie: me), investing more time in the business, and implementing many of the untapped marketing channels, this company can grow exponentially.
I will be happy to teach the new owner all of the strategies I have applied to grow the company from zero to six figures in it's first full year and all consecutive years. This includes:
1) How I find and create winning products, while testing them at no cost.
2) My proven, highly profitable Facebook and Instagram ads strategy.
3) How I scale winning products on Facebook and Instagram.
How can the future owner improve the business?
Please see section "Advice to future owners".
What work have you put into the store?
10 hours/week as well as two VA's working about 1 hour each/day.
Traffic and Performance
- Avg. revenue /month$25,801Verified
- Avg. sessions /month12,341Verified
- Avg. profit /month$5,000
- Inventory value$40,000
- Profit Margin40%
- Avg. sales /month622
- Shopify plan
- Inventory warehouse
- E-mail Marketing
Logo and branding assetsAll logo, marketing creatives, and product designs can be sent via email and Dropbox to the new owner. Social media accounts will be included in this sale.
Personal support after saleI am committed to ensuring a smooth and thorough transition, and happy to provide training and support for 1 month following the sale. I will make myself available to the new owner through Skype or e-mail.
Product photosNo need to transfer as all the product photos are already setup in the Shopify store. Any additional images can be sent via Dropbox.
SuppliersOur business operates on a hybrid inventory/POD model. Most of our sales are made from our inventory and the primary purpose of the POD is for new product testing. We have created a very efficient supply chain and will be happy to make introductions to our vendors.
How to grow this business
Fortunately for the new owner, there is an immense array of untapped opportunities that could lead to immediate, substantial growth that I have not had the time to learn or implement. One of the greatest opportunities I see is to add more advertising channels. I currently advertise exclusively on Facebook and Instagram, and while it has been very profitable for me, I know that I have been leaving a lot of money on the table by not utilizing other sales channels which could lead to multiple times growth.
My advice for future growth is the following:
1) Improve the following marketing channels:
• E-mail marketing
2) Expand into new marketing channels:
• Google Adwords/Google Shopping
• Messenger marketing
• Influencer marketing
• Pinterest ads
• Snapchat ads
• Bing Ads
3) Improve customer journey and repeat sales through dedicated marketing systems
• Facebook/Instagram ads
• E-mail marketing win-back campaigns
4) Implement upsell apps
5) Bring all inventory in house to reduce cost of goods and further improve customer experience
6) Expand product selection - designs, styles, colors, sizes, etc.
Skills to have
At a minimum, the new owner should have strong experience growing an ecommerce company/brand as well running Facebook/Instagram ads.
Our features for a secure experience
- Verified revenue and traffic
- Secure messaging platform
- Escrow payment system
- Dedicated migration team
Why use Exchange?
Exchange is the largest and fastest-growing marketplace for Shopify e-commerce stores
Verified listing data
The revenue and traffic data that you see on each listing is pulled directly from its Shopify account. This means that the data has been verified. Exchange reviews and monitors listings for thorough and accurate information.
Secure messaging platform
You will be able to communicate with sellers via a secure messaging platform. After you log in and request information from a listing, sellers are notified and have the ability to respond. When you are ready, you can make an offer.
Encrypted payment capture
Exchange and Escrow.com have partnered together to provide you with safe transactions that have bank encryption, making sure that payment is securely captured. Escrow.com ensures that its users pass verification checks before transactions can proceed.
Take time to inspect the business
Once you submit payment to Escrow.com and the payment has been secured, the funds are held until you confirm that all assets received are as negotiated. You can use the inspection period to ask the seller any extra questions about the business.
Safe store transfer
When the transaction is finalized, the dedicated migration team at Exchange will begin the process of making you the new owner of the store. Buyers and sellers will be notified via an email from the Exchange team once store transfers have been completed.
Post-purchase 24/7 Shopify support
Once you log into your Shopify account for the first time and choose a subscription plan, Shopify Support Gurus are available 24/7 to help you with the settings of the store.