- Avg. revenue /month$6,009
- Avg. sessions /month915
- Avg. profit /month$1,587
Why this business was started
I've had another ecommerce store for some time, but I wanted to become proficient at building and running a Shopify store, and make some extra money as well. A year ago I bought this store and built it out as a means of getting grounded in Shopify. The platform is a behemoth, and that means better search results for any ecommerce business.
The reason of selling this business
I have a tech consulting business and another online store. I enjoy the "person to person" interaction with consulting most, so would like to focus more in that area. I've built this store to a point where it is now on a stable growth path. Now it should be run by someone who can take it to the next level.
What's involved in running this business
I'm spending about an hour a day on the store. It's mostly dealing with getting orders placed and logistics. The AOV is high which means there is not a lot of time spent on small dollar orders (time suck). Most customer questions are handled via email, with an occasional call on the 800 number.
Traffic and Performance
- Avg. revenue /month$6,009Verified
- Avg. sessions /month915Verified
- Avg. profit /month$1,587
- Profit Margin23%
- Avg. sales /month16
- Shopify plan
- Google Shopping, Tidio, Easy Tabs
- Google shopping adds
Physical inventoryNot Included
Logo and branding assetsGoogle account with all brand assets will be transferred.
Personal support after saleWill provide chat, email and/or Zoom or Skype to answer questions etc. over the first 3 weeks.
Product photosAnything that is not stored separately is stored on Shopify.
Social mediaNot Included
SuppliersWill make introductions to suppliers
Mailing ListNot Included
How to grow this business
Over the coming years, this store will grow...especially with the right person at the helm. Some points to growth for the store:
1) A natural growth factor for this store will be the influx of new customers that are coming into the market as a result of legalization (Federal and State). The election in the U.S. demonstrates what's ahead... the number of states that are "legal" has increased by 50% plus, 100% of ballot measures were successful, and federal legalization is promised by the new administration. i.e. the "wave" is just beginning to hit critical mass. Cash strapped states are going join the parade next year, making 2021 a breakout year.
2) Add new product lines and SKU's. Increasing the "long tail" will also mean improved visibility in search results. Pair that with video spotlights for products, which will mean longer session time for visitors as well as building trust.
3) Expand advertising (Google, FB, Instagram). To date, I have done very minimal advertising... most sales are coming from organic search. If you've got experience with ads, sales could grow very quickly.
4) I've run this as a dropshipping store successfully. If you combine this store with a physical location it will open things up for even more expansion (consider retail AND commercial sales). If you have or are opening a store and want an instant online presence, this would be a perfect fit.
5) Get the social media ramped up, be a trusted source... in a growing market, if you are offering a education to a hungry audience, this will be a natural sales growth channel.
6) Expand offerings in grow at home hydroponics. This goes not only for "MJ" but for herbs and vegetable growing as well.
Skills to have
If you are a can nabis aficionado , this will be a natural fit. Consumers are happy to go with the recommendations from a knowledgeable, trusted expert.
Our features for a secure experience
- Verified revenue and traffic
- Secure messaging platform
- Escrow payment system
- Dedicated migration team
Why use Exchange?
Exchange is the largest and fastest-growing marketplace for Shopify e-commerce stores
Verified listing data
The revenue and traffic data that you see on each listing is pulled directly from its Shopify account. This means that the data has been verified. Exchange reviews and monitors listings for thorough and accurate information.
Secure messaging platform
You will be able to communicate with sellers via a secure messaging platform. After you log in and request information from a listing, sellers are notified and have the ability to respond. When you are ready, you can make an offer.
Encrypted payment capture
Exchange and Escrow.com have partnered together to provide you with safe transactions that have bank encryption, making sure that payment is securely captured. Escrow.com ensures that its users pass verification checks before transactions can proceed.
Take time to inspect the business
Once you submit payment to Escrow.com and the payment has been secured, the funds are held until you confirm that all assets received are as negotiated. You can use the inspection period to ask the seller any extra questions about the business.
Safe store transfer
When the transaction is finalized, the dedicated migration team at Exchange will begin the process of making you the new owner of the store. Buyers and sellers will be notified via an email from the Exchange team once store transfers have been completed.
Post-purchase 24/7 Shopify support
Once you log into your Shopify account for the first time and choose a subscription plan, Shopify Support Gurus are available 24/7 to help you with the settings of the store.