- Avg. revenue /month$3,234
- Avg. sessions /month4,461
- Avg. profit /month$1,500
Why this business was started
I wanted to create my own dropshipping store so in the past year from January 2020 to December 2020, I was still grasping the concept by testing out what products and niches will work. Hence, the first year barely had any traction until Q4 2020. To stand out from the crowd offering generic baby products, I then decided to offer personalized baby gift items since through time I observed that people are willing to pay more for their babies and for customized baby gifts. In Q4 2020 onwards until now my revenues went up which validated my chosen niche. It looked promising to scale the products I was focusing on. These are crafted items you rarely see in a mall or a department store. I work with a supplier who has fast processing time (3-4 days) and excellent customer service and who can provide fast shipping times to USA (7-15 days) Canada (8-16 days), Australia (7-15 days), UK (6-12 days), which play an extremely important role for any dropshipping business to be successful. This year my store has reached its peak revenue in the month of June to July averaging at USD 12,000 - USD 14,000 revenue per month, enjoying a healthy 20% profit margin.
The reason of selling this business
This dropshipping store was a side business project I wanted to try last 2020. I am selling my business because I am already managing our family's business (Freight Forwarding & Customs Brokerage) and I no longer have extra time to juggle two businesses at the same time.
What's involved in running this business
- Fulfilling Orders - Typically takes an hour a day or even less since you will just have to import orders from Shopify to an excel sheet and then send it to the supplier. Some products are fulfilled automatically through the shopify app Oberlo.
- Ordering from suppliers - My main supplier is from China, I send the order via Whatsapp and pay through PayPal. Some suppliers are from Aliexpress, and you can already pay in the platform.
- Running Advertising Campaigns - this is where the owner should really focus his or her time on. You should be able to create converting campaigns whether it be through Facebook, Tiktok, Youtube, Pinterest, or Google.
- Customer Service - reply to email inquiries.
- Tracking parcels - the site already has a dedicated page for tracking orders. But you may need to check it out from time to time to ensure that the parcels do arrive on time.
Traffic and Performance
- Avg. revenue /month$3,234Verified
- Avg. sessions /month4,461Verified
- Avg. profit /month$1,500
- Profit Margin20%
- Avg. sales /month300
- Shopify plan
- Facebook Ads
Physical inventoryNot Included
Logo and branding assetsYou will receive the logo via Google Drive
Personal support after saleIf you need my assistance regarding order & fulfillment, I will be here to guide you. You may contact me through my business email or chat me via Whatsapp. I will personally introduce you to my main supplier in China. I will be reachable via email or Whatsapp (please note of my different time zone) I will be here to share my best practices in FB Ads. I will assist you until you make your first bulk order to my supplier. (About 5+ orders)
Product photosI will transfer the ownership of The Awe Box's Google Drive to you. This includes product images, and list of suppliers.
SuppliersI will give you the contact information of all my suppliers. I am currently enjoying fast shipping and production times with my main supplier.
How to grow this business
My advice to the future owner are mostly marketing strategies: 1. Expand marketing channels: a) Influencer Marketing b) Affiliate Marketing c) Facebook Ads d) Email Marketing 2. Widen Social Media Presence: create a TikTok, YouTube, Pinterest account 3. Increase Engagements and Followers on Social Media Accounts 4. Google Ads
Skills to have
- Creating converting Ads - I hope you can outperform me in this area. I mainly used ads optimized for conversions.
- Social Media Marketing - Creating content and managing Facebook and Instagram pages.
Our features for a secure experience
- Verified revenue and traffic
- Secure messaging platform
- Escrow payment system
- Dedicated migration team
Why use Exchange?
Exchange is the largest and fastest-growing marketplace for Shopify e-commerce stores
Verified listing data
The revenue and traffic data that you see on each listing is pulled directly from its Shopify account. This means that the data has been verified. Exchange reviews and monitors listings for thorough and accurate information.
Secure messaging platform
You will be able to communicate with sellers via a secure messaging platform. After you log in and request information from a listing, sellers are notified and have the ability to respond. When you are ready, you can make an offer.
Encrypted payment capture
Exchange and Escrow.com have partnered together to provide you with safe transactions that have bank encryption, making sure that payment is securely captured. Escrow.com ensures that its users pass verification checks before transactions can proceed.
Take time to inspect the business
Once you submit payment to Escrow.com and the payment has been secured, the funds are held until you confirm that all assets received are as negotiated. You can use the inspection period to ask the seller any extra questions about the business.
Safe store transfer
When the transaction is finalized, the dedicated migration team at Exchange will begin the process of making you the new owner of the store. Buyers and sellers will be notified via an email from the Exchange team once store transfers have been completed.
Post-purchase 24/7 Shopify support
Once you log into your Shopify account for the first time and choose a subscription plan, Shopify Support Gurus are available 24/7 to help you with the settings of the store.