- Avg. revenue /month$412
- Avg. sessions /month678
- Avg. profit /month$100
This is a great business with a ton of potential and room for improvement. This is an online-based t-shirt company that focuses on the automotive/muscle car enthusiasts.
I utilize a print-on-demand company called Printful which takes care printing and shipping to my customers shirts for me. Therefore, I never have physical inventory on hand which has been great for me personally as there are no upfront costs.
The business has a great and unique name that people love. When you search "because race car" on Google, my website is the 2nd result. This specific term sees 1,300 searches per month with very little competition.
When looking at the competition in this niche market (automotive apparel/t-shirts) you will find that the overall market is dominated by tuner (Japanese/non-U.S.) focused companies. There aren't currently very many high performing online t-shirt business that focus on the American muscle market like my business does. Hence, where the potential comes from. Just do a quick Google search for "automotive apparel" or "muscle car t-shirts" and you'll likely see what I mean.
Aside from that, I've had a ton of success in working with large social media influencer's (RP Productions and SRT Mush) within my niche. We've formed great relationships and have focused on both affiliate marketing and creating fun and unique merch for their fans. They receive a cut when an affiliate sale is made, and I receive a reasonable cut when their merch sells. These guys have been key drivers of FREE traffic to my business, and although I can't absolutely guarantee they will still be willing to work with the new owner of my store, there's certainly a high chance that they will. Because what influencer doesn't want to make money?
I'm only selling the business because I realize that my true passion is elsewhere. If you love muscle cars and the automotive industry with a burning passion, this is the business for you. The only reason sales have died down in the past year is because I've been focusing more on completing my final year of college.
This business is nearly fully-automated. And as I stated before there is a ton of potential left on the table that I wasn't able to access due to a lack of time and money. The only work you will need to put in is towards marketing & growing the business and creating new products that sell. I've already done a ton of the hard work for you such as creating the website, branding, raising awareness through social media, etc. I personally have no design experience and just draw up my ideas and send them to a professional freelancer on Fiverr.com to get my graphics made. You could do the same, but if you have design experience that's a huge plus.
This business is already really good and has made me money in the last year with little to no effort. However, there are still many ways you could improve it. If you have capital saved up that could be used for marketing spend, that would be the #1 thing that can help this business thrive. I've accomplished everything thus far on a very tight budget and started Because Race Car Store with only $185! Also, continuing to grow the presence of BRC on social media and utilizing social media influencers will be a key to your success. I have already done work on SEO, (first page when you type in "because race car" / second page when you type in "automotive apparel") but if you're experienced or can hire someone who is, further improving the SEO could help tremendously.
I have put a ton of work into this store which makes it a perfect starting platform for someone who wants to grow a successful business and gain more financial freedom. I created the website, secured an original domain name, made nearly $10,000 in revenue while spending very little money, created unique and high quality logos, created unique and fun designs for our t-shirts, optimized SEO, grew our Instagram account to over 1,000 REAL followers, etc.
Traffic and Performance
- Avg. revenue /month$412Verified
- Avg. sessions /month678Verified
- Avg. profit /month$100
- Profit Margin25%
- Avg. sales /month11
Other details about profit: Profits will definitely increase if you are able to spend more time and money on marketing than I could. Your margins will partially depend on how high you price the shirts. I feel that the current prices are a good medium to make the customers and the seller (you) happy. You could also increase profit margins exponentially if you decide to print and ship shirts on your own using your local print shop. That requires up front money and time that I did not have unfortunately while I ran the business.
- Shopify plan
- Affiliatly - Affiliate Program
- Physical inventoryNot Included
- Logo and branding assetsYou will receive all of my logos and current t-shirt designs in high quality vector files. I will also send you pictures of some designs I've drawn but haven't had digitally remade yet (if you want them.) I will send you everything via email or Google Drive. Disclaimer: I will not be including any of the graphics for the social media influencers I made merch for. Those graphics belong to them and only they can decide whether or not they want to continue to work with the new owner of my store. All of their merch has the creators name on it and represents their brand which is why it would be wrong for me to just hand them off to the new owner without them knowing/deciding if that works for them. You will given their contact information and can reach out to them if you'd like the chance to continue business with them.
- Personal support after saleI will give you 24 hours of my full support and can explain the business and answer any questions you may have during this time. The 24 hours does not have to be in one single day but could rather be split up between days and times that work for both of us (ex. 3 hours on Monday, 2 hours on Tuesday, 4 hours on Friday, etc.) We can conduct these meetings over Skype, a phone call or a messaging/communication platform of your choice.
- Product photosNot Included
- Mailing list51subscribers
I would continue to HEAVILY focus on social media, specifically Instagram (for now) and make multiple engaging posts every single day. I'd also diversify more with social and create a YouTube and Twitter account. I would increase the amount of money that I am spending on the most popular platforms for marketing. I'd continue to work closely with social media influencers and partner with new ones for affiliate sales and merchandise. Lastly, I would want to ideally pump out 5+ new t-shirt designs every month to keep the store new, exciting and up to date with the latest trends.
- Marketing skills/knowledge is a must unless you can hire someone
- Customer service experience is ideal
- Must be dedicated and willing to work hard if you want to make money. Running a business is never "easy," no matter what anyone might tell you.
- Design experience with something like Adobe Illustrator would be a huge plus but you can always hire a freelancer on a website such as Fiverr to create designs for you (typically $10-50 per design depending on the complexity.) I will give you the link to the designer I used if you buy the store from me.
Our features for a secure experience
- Verified revenue and traffic
- Secure messaging platform
- Escrow payment system
- Dedicated migration team
Why use Exchange?
Exchange is the largest and fastest-growing marketplace for Shopify e-commerce stores
Verified listing data
The revenue and traffic data that you see on each listing is pulled directly from its Shopify account. This means that the data has been verified. Exchange reviews and monitors listings for thorough and accurate information.
Secure messaging platform
You will be able to communicate with sellers via a secure messaging platform. After you log in and request information from a listing, sellers are notified and have the ability to respond. When you are ready, you can make an offer.
Encrypted payment capture
Exchange and Escrow.com have partnered together to provide you with safe transactions that have bank encryption, making sure that payment is securely captured. Escrow.com ensures that its users pass verification checks before transactions can proceed.
Take time to inspect the business
Once you submit payment to Escrow.com and the payment has been secured, the funds are held until you confirm that all assets received are as negotiated. You can use the inspection period to ask the seller any extra questions about the business.
Safe store transfer
When the transaction is finalized, the dedicated migration team at Exchange will begin the process of making you the new owner of the store. Buyers and sellers will be notified via an email from the Exchange team once store transfers have been completed.
Post-purchase 24/7 Shopify support
Once you log into your Shopify account for the first time and choose a subscription plan, Shopify Support Gurus are available 24/7 to help you with the settings of the store.