- Avg. revenue /month$11,374
- Avg. sessions /month22,792
- Avg. profit /month$3,890
- Inventory value$32,342
Why this business was started
-Husband and wife team, both engaging in full-time ministry/volunteer work. -Looking for work to supplement income. -Both from designs backgrounds with connections in downtown LA garment industry. - Idea to start an e-commerce store, to work from home. - Targeting a niche market (plus size women’s apparel).
The reason of selling this business
Main job of owners is their religious volunteer work/ministry. Originally, this business was started as a part-time job to support husband’s income while owners engaged in full-time ministry. 9 years into running this business as main income, it has grown in all aspects—number of visitors, orders, customer service concerns, social media accounts and followers, marketing needs, etc. At this point, it’s a decision of whether to invest more time and money to the business, (which means decreasing time and energy spent in volunteer work), or to pass on the business to someone that’s ready to take it to the next level. For the owners, their volunteer work is the most important; so, the decision is to sell.
What's involved in running this business
To run the business as is: 12-24 hours a week for 2-3 people Current business operations include: • marketing • inventory management • branding • order fulfillment • merchandising • book keeping and accounting • customer service
BUSINESS TYPE: E-commerce; Privately owned business; Plus size women’s apparel boutique store; DOMAIN --- Exclusively on-line MAIN PRODUCTS Women’s plus size clothing
The business has made a modest yet, notable, name for itself in the plus size fashion industry. It is a recognized brand among plus size fashion enthusiasts. Although the business is small in scale compared to major retailers like FashionNova or Forever21, the business has created a brand image that stands up to major companies, offering customers a fun, on-trend shopping experience while providing a more exclusive selection and intimate experience expected from a boutique store.
Why should someone buy this store?
Until now, the business has operated with a small, part time staff. Although it is a small business, the image of the company is strong and competitive, backed by the fact that it has survived the competition of other web retailers for the past 9 years, while acquiring a credible reputation with their customers and others in the industry. The owners strongly feel that the business has huge potential for growth, and if it were not for their decision to stay focused on their volunteer work, they would keep the business as it can benefit from additional time and investment. However, since the owners are determined to keep secular work to a part time basis, they have decided that it would be best to sell. The store is responsive to efforts to improve performance. The past six months reflect a steady improvement by increasing work time from 10-15 hours a week for 2- 4 people, to 15-30 hours a week for 2-3 people. November 2018 was the best Black Friday sales month in the history of the store, and March 2019 has been the best tax-refund sales season from the past couple of years. The business has proven to be resilient and malleable, which hold much potential to future ownership with strong leadership and business skills. With the right people to behind it, the brand is ready to stand up to compete with even major retailers. Now is the time to place the business with the right team!
How can the future owner improve the business?
- BRAND DEVELOPMENT AND EXPANSION: Although the business has developed a clear brand image, the brand has not been utilized its full potential. With a brand, customers will often buy other items from same trusted name. The store is at a point where that it can offer additional lines, such as makeup, accessories, lingerie, shoes, etc.
- NEW AUDIENCES: Expanding to a more international audience and more diverse demographics. The Internet allows the business to reach greater audiences than a brick and mortar operation. Already, the site is being visited by customers in other countries, with conversions yet to be realized. Accessing international markets and larger audiences within the US means the business has further room to grow. So many people have yet to be introduced to the brand and store.
- SOCIAL MEDIA OPPORTUNITIES: Social media has been one the most responsive marketing resources for this business and is currently not fully being utilized due to limited funds and resources
- MARKETING & ROI: The business very responsive to marketing investments, as reflected in our ROI record. However, due to limited funds, time, man power, and business knowledge, this area of the business has been severely neglected. Currently, there are multiple marketing resources that are not being utilized entirely (google adwords, website optimization, planned marketing campaigns, etc). Since the numbers are promising, the business will benefit from well-planned and planned marketing.
- GENERAL BUSINESS AND FINANCIAL OPPORTUNITIES: In short, the business has been created and developed by two designers. Their strength in branding and merchandising has helped the business in many ways. However, the business has never had the opportunity to benefit from the attention of a business expert. Financial, business, marketing strategies, have yet to be explored. Since the business has grown with the limited business skills of the current owners, there is much more room for growth under the leadership and guidance of a business expert.
What work have you put into the store?
With over 9 years of operation, the store has been developed in the following areas: - Marketing: much emphasis on using social media as marketing from the beginning. Currently, the marketing budget is allocated to the following platforms, in order of amount and focus: YouTube vlogging/reviews, Instagram ads, email campaigns, Facebook ads, Google Adwords - Product Development: With the development of brand identity and by getting to know the customer, merchandising and product selections became more specific - Customer development: tries to retain customers by offering good quality products, offering competitive prices, providing customer service via email and DM on social media platforms, and by reminders via email marketing - Brand development: careful branding on the website, marketing material, over all social media platforms to create a brand identity and customer loyalty
Traffic and Performance
- Avg. revenue /month$11,374Verified
- Avg. sessions /month22,792Verified
- Avg. profit /month$3,890
- Inventory value$32,342
- Profit Margin35%
- Avg. sales /month170
- Shopify plan
- Inventory warehouse
- Email marketing
Logo and branding assetsTBD
Personal support after saleTraining and support for up to 30 hours a week for a 2 week period, remote/via phone or video. Additional hours can be added for an hourly fee
Our features for a secure experience
- Verified revenue and traffic
- Secure messaging platform
- Escrow payment system
- Dedicated migration team
Why use Exchange?
Exchange is the largest and fastest-growing marketplace for Shopify e-commerce stores
Verified listing data
The revenue and traffic data that you see on each listing is pulled directly from its Shopify account. This means that the data has been verified. Exchange reviews and monitors listings for thorough and accurate information.
Secure messaging platform
You will be able to communicate with sellers via a secure messaging platform. After you log in and request information from a listing, sellers are notified and have the ability to respond. When you are ready, you can make an offer.
Encrypted payment capture
Exchange and Escrow.com have partnered together to provide you with safe transactions that have bank encryption, making sure that payment is securely captured. Escrow.com ensures that its users pass verification checks before transactions can proceed.
Take time to inspect the business
Once you submit payment to Escrow.com and the payment has been secured, the funds are held until you confirm that all assets received are as negotiated. You can use the inspection period to ask the seller any extra questions about the business.
Safe store transfer
When the transaction is finalized, the dedicated migration team at Exchange will begin the process of making you the new owner of the store. Buyers and sellers will be notified via an email from the Exchange team once store transfers have been completed.
Post-purchase 24/7 Shopify support
Once you log into your Shopify account for the first time and choose a subscription plan, Shopify Support Gurus are available 24/7 to help you with the settings of the store.