- Avg. revenue /month$2,087
- Avg. sessions /month2,511
- Avg. profit /month$483
Why this business was started
We were very interested about e-commerce but we did not have enough money to buy stock and launch our first business. Then we discovered the Dropshipping business model and we loved the idea. After two months of learning about it and looking for a product with a great potential we decided to launch our first store (November 2018). It was finally the opportunity to apply all our knowledge about Marketing!
Why ecological products? Few months before deciding launching our store, we were very disappointed with my brother about some beaches that we have seen which were very dirty, full of plastic. It was an opportunity for us to combine this store with something that could help people change the way they are thinking!
The reason of selling this business
As I said before, we got busier and could not give all the attention this website deserved anymore. My brother started working in a start-up which took him a lot of time and I will start working in September as a Business controller.
What's involved in running this business
I would first like to resume a small history of a part of what we have done during the last 7 months:
- The website: We have spent hours to develop a good design which was both professional and different compare to what you can find. In addition, we paid someone to improve the speed and the SEO.
- Social Network: We developed mainly the Instagram account where we mixed ecological information and pictures of our products. This allowed us to reach a lot of people, even if they did not know our brand back then. The posts were published regularly in order to keep a good engagement rate. Followers on Instagram: 2239 / Followers on Facebook: 298.
- Customer service: We made a lot of efforts to answer customers under 24h to keep a confident relationship with us.
- Strategy used: In the first months we used mainly a landing page created with Gempage. We were selling bundle of 5 bamboo toothbrushes + 1 for free. This allowed us to increase our conversion rate but the average value of order was very stable. Then we stopped using Gempage, and we sent visitors directly to our website. This allow to increase a lot the average value of order (+18 % in July compare to June).
As I said before, it depends which strategy you will use to know what is involved in running this business. But right now, here is what is involved:
- Ordering : We work with some suppliers which are efficient and reactive. You just have to make your orders on Oberlo (which is almost automatic).
- Advertising : You will have to run campaigns, once you have made them it does not take so much time. We will give you all the advertising campaigns we have used.
- Instagram : Try to post once every three days. The pattern used is : One post with ecological news or data ; One picture of our product ; One post with ecological news or data. I will give you the template of our posts that you will just have to update (it takes 20 minutes).
- Translating : Our website is actually in French but you can easily translate it with an app as weglot. Then you will be able to reach English and French speakers.
That is all! You will not need more than 6 to 8 hours per week.
Traffic and Performance
- Avg. revenue /month$2,087Verified
- Avg. sessions /month2,511Verified
- Avg. profit /month$483
- Profit Margin20%
- Avg. sales /month116
- Shopify plan
- Abandonment Protector
Physical inventoryNot Included
Logo and branding assetsThey will be transferred with the format .png and .ai
Personal support after saleWe will provide support for one month. We can provide by mail training, explanations, and help you if you want to translate the website. Do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further information about it.
Product photosAll the pictures in the website and in our instagram page.
How to grow this business
We have reached a key moment for this store. We would advise to use three strategies (combined or not):
We have targeted only people from France, Belgium, Luxemburg and Switzerland. It is now the moment to scale the sales by reaching bigger countries as USA or Canada. Our design and brand were loved by our targets and I am sure it would be a great advantage to penetrate new markets.
Today our delivery time is about 15 days in average. This is a disadvantage of dropshipping and it would be helpful if you started getting stocks (with Amazon for example). You would be able to reduce a lot the shipping time which would be positive for the sales. In addition, it would be an opportunity to have your own packaging and logo on the products, specially since we have got great feedback from the logo.
Our products are being used 3 months in average which make a great advantage for you. Indeed, you can create a great long-term relationship with the customers. It has been 7 months that our shop was launched, and I would advise you to start a mailing campaign to target every customer who bought products more than 3 months ago. This strategy will allow you to get a lot of cheap sales on a long-term!
Those strategies were in our projects but, my brother and I got less time to take care of the shop. If you are serious and have a bit time, those strategies will, I believe, explode your sales and your profits!
Skills to have
To run this business, you just need to know how facebook ads, shopify and Instagram are working (Google Ads in option). If you want to use the strategy with stocks suggested before, you will then need to know a bit more about logistics and FBA (if you want to work with Amazon). I would be very happy to help you for anything you need to start running this business during the first month.
Our features for a secure experience
- Verified revenue and traffic
- Secure messaging platform
- Escrow payment system
- Dedicated migration team
Why use Exchange?
Exchange is the largest and fastest-growing marketplace for Shopify e-commerce stores
Verified listing data
The revenue and traffic data that you see on each listing is pulled directly from its Shopify account. This means that the data has been verified. Exchange reviews and monitors listings for thorough and accurate information.
Secure messaging platform
You will be able to communicate with sellers via a secure messaging platform. After you log in and request information from a listing, sellers are notified and have the ability to respond. When you are ready, you can make an offer.
Encrypted payment capture
Exchange and Escrow.com have partnered together to provide you with safe transactions that have bank encryption, making sure that payment is securely captured. Escrow.com ensures that its users pass verification checks before transactions can proceed.
Take time to inspect the business
Once you submit payment to Escrow.com and the payment has been secured, the funds are held until you confirm that all assets received are as negotiated. You can use the inspection period to ask the seller any extra questions about the business.
Safe store transfer
When the transaction is finalized, the dedicated migration team at Exchange will begin the process of making you the new owner of the store. Buyers and sellers will be notified via an email from the Exchange team once store transfers have been completed.
Post-purchase 24/7 Shopify support
Once you log into your Shopify account for the first time and choose a subscription plan, Shopify Support Gurus are available 24/7 to help you with the settings of the store.