- Avg. revenue /month$1,434
- Avg. sessions /month1,276
- Avg. profit /month$2,368
- Inventory value$15,000
Holdster is a kickstarter-funded leather mason jar mug company. We raised $44K in 2012 on Kickstarter and have done over $500K in revenue since then, all while spending VERY little time on the business. Our product line is simple and we receive great feedback from customers on the quality we provide. As the business stands now it is really as close to passive as these things get. We've slowly lost our fire and haven't had the time or passion to make this business grow to where it could be. We're not looking to get rich- just to find someone who is a good fit to take over a business that we had a lot of fun building and to see it continue on without us!
Key elements of the business: -Our Holdster Model 01 and Holdster Model 02 are protected with USPTO Design Patents. -We have domestic manufacturing partners for our leather products and foreign manufacturing partners for our Silicone products. Both are setup for quick and easy ordering (Sale includes clicker cutting dies for our leather products, debossing dies for the Holdster brand as well as all of our wholesale customers, and a silicone injection mold for our Silicone line- all of which live at our manufacturers facilities) -We have a mailing list of 3,200 subscribers -We have done projects for big name brands (With no outreach on our part... A buyer with sales skills and time could likely bring more of these lucrative deals in) -We have equipment that comes with the sale which we used for small production runs early on but have primarily used for product development. A buyer with an interest in leatherwork or other design skills would have an opportunity to work with our manufacturing partners to develop new products very quickly, easily, and affordably. -Our business is completely turnkey and we'd be more than willing to get you caught up on how everything works so that you can take over with the smoothest transition possible.
Why should someone buy this store?
In spite of little to no effort being put into this in the last 4 years this company continues to do business! We're a two-man team and we both have full-time careers (and babies) so we aren't the people to be running this company any more. We've had a fun time and lots of great memories from this business so we're much more interested in seeing someone with energy and ideas take the reins than we are to continue to be poor business managers. Although we've been lazy about running this business, we've always focused on customer service to ensure that we can be proud of the Holdster brand. We assure you that you're taking on a company that has a good reputation to stand on.
Worst case: You liquidate inventory and equipment and make your money back... We hope you don't though!
How can the future owner improve the business?
Here's the quick list:
1) Post on social media (ever... We pretty much gave up on this). Blogging might help too...
2) Advertise (see above) 3) Send emails- We go months without sending emails to our marketing list. When we send emails for the holiday season they do VERY WELL. It just takes some time! 4) SELL! Getting out to trade shows (we've never done this) and other events would be the low hanging fruit. We've done large deals ($50K plus) for national brands and have had wholesale customers who have done thousands of dollars of business with us. Getting out there and finding more of this business could be very lucrative. 5) Update- Our last website re-design was in 2015. A refresh would likely help! 6) Expand product offerings- Develop new products, resell other existing products that fit the brand, etc. 7) Do more in-house- Our expenses have been high because we have outsourced so much. You could do more yourself to build up cash reserves (Ex: Have manufacturer do cutting and debossing work and do the hand work yourself or hire cheap labor and save lots of $$ over having complete product made for you), before ramping up and going to full-automation mode. 8) Protect the design patent- Do some research here but the Holdster was the first leather wrapped mason jar that you'll find (hence our success on Kickstarter). There is the potential for a lot of protection here. Having patent-protected designs can get rid of competition and/or have the potential for royalty payments.
9) Fresh ideas- You probably have better ideas than we do...
What work have you put into the store?
You can see what we've done on our website. Behind the scenes we place an order for inventory here and there but otherwise it's just keeping the company books and sending out orders.
Traffic and Performance
- Avg. revenue /month$1,434Verified
- Avg. sessions /month1,276Verified
- Avg. profit /month$2,368
- Inventory value$15,000
- Profit Margin11%
- Avg. sales /month24
- Shopify plan
- Inventory warehouse
Our features for a secure experience
- Verified revenue and traffic
- Secure messaging platform
- Escrow payment system
- Dedicated migration team
Why use Exchange?
Exchange is the largest and fastest-growing marketplace for Shopify e-commerce stores
Verified listing data
The revenue and traffic data that you see on each listing is pulled directly from its Shopify account. This means that the data has been verified. Exchange reviews and monitors listings for thorough and accurate information.
Secure messaging platform
You will be able to communicate with sellers via a secure messaging platform. After you log in and request information from a listing, sellers are notified and have the ability to respond. When you are ready, you can make an offer.
Encrypted payment capture
Exchange and Escrow.com have partnered together to provide you with safe transactions that have bank encryption, making sure that payment is securely captured. Escrow.com ensures that its users pass verification checks before transactions can proceed.
Take time to inspect the business
Once you submit payment to Escrow.com and the payment has been secured, the funds are held until you confirm that all assets received are as negotiated. You can use the inspection period to ask the seller any extra questions about the business.
Safe store transfer
When the transaction is finalized, the dedicated migration team at Exchange will begin the process of making you the new owner of the store. Buyers and sellers will be notified via an email from the Exchange team once store transfers have been completed.
Post-purchase 24/7 Shopify support
Once you log into your Shopify account for the first time and choose a subscription plan, Shopify Support Gurus are available 24/7 to help you with the settings of the store.