- Avg. revenue /month$3,570
- Avg. sessions /month4,082
- Avg. profit /month$400
- Inventory value$7,500
Why this business was started
We were interested in the Health food sector and there was no real competition. What we saw was unsatisfactory as the competition was not able to deliver the right range of products: neither too focussed nor too limited. At the same time we had the set of skills required, so it was a simple decision.
The reason of selling this business
We are back to full time demanding jobs and we reckon that we would need 3 to 4hours a day to take it to the next level of profitability ( >$2,000 of profit per month for $20,000 of sales).
What's involved in running this business
Purchase orders through Tradevine (easy) and Xero Sales orders fulfilment through Tradevine / GoSweetSpot Shop run on Shopify (product entered in Tradevine) Identifying products and rotating stocks Quick SEO and AdWorks Writing occasional blogs Managing stocks Best Before dates Relations with customers for any question or issue
Traffic and Performance
- Avg. revenue /month$3,570Verified
- Avg. sessions /month4,082Verified
- Avg. profit /month$400
- Inventory value$7,500
- Profit Margin8%
- Avg. sales /month110
- Shopify plan
- Inventory warehouse
- Google AdWords, a bit of Facebook
- Various Shopify Aps
- Tax & Accounting
Logo and branding assetsContractually - the brand is registered.
Personal support after saleSupport by email and skype (depending on availability) for 4 hours per week for 3 months. Quite happy to help you get this running and roaring. Negotiable. Xero account walk-through
Product photosAs part of Tradevine account
SuppliersAll suppliers entered in Tradevine with all details, including payment conditions. Ordering is automated via Tradevine (automatically create default order based on stock, review it, press a button and an email is sent to supplier).
How to grow this business
- Move to main focus as high-end health supplements favoured by women, with specific diets as a 2nd focus. Start with good position in Collagens and Proteins.
- Add more products to reach 250 SKUs
- Rotate products, a good 30% should be new every year - get rid of slow selling ones
- Do not try to be a new healthpost, instead push a selection of quality products with a women friendly message
- Keep moving towards high value light products with low packing volume
- Limit glass products
- Keep adding blog entries
- Regular updates of pages and SEO keywords
- Run competitions and occasional offers.
- Use Carro to enlist influencers
- Spend more on clever Facebook marketing
- Do not spend much on Google adwords, selectively spend on Google shopping
- Negotiate better deals with couriers as volume increases
- Look at 3rd party fulfilment options
Skills to have
Understand the health food segment well - you must be able to show knowledge to the customers so that they can trust you. Your ability to handle SEO, website developments in Shopify and Facebook/Google ads and marketing will reduce your costs. It's worth developing these.
Our features for a secure experience
- Verified revenue and traffic
- Secure messaging platform
- Escrow payment system
- Dedicated migration team
Why use Exchange?
Exchange is the largest and fastest-growing marketplace for Shopify e-commerce stores
Verified listing data
The revenue and traffic data that you see on each listing is pulled directly from its Shopify account. This means that the data has been verified. Exchange reviews and monitors listings for thorough and accurate information.
Secure messaging platform
You will be able to communicate with sellers via a secure messaging platform. After you log in and request information from a listing, sellers are notified and have the ability to respond. When you are ready, you can make an offer.
Encrypted payment capture
Exchange and Escrow.com have partnered together to provide you with safe transactions that have bank encryption, making sure that payment is securely captured. Escrow.com ensures that its users pass verification checks before transactions can proceed.
Take time to inspect the business
Once you submit payment to Escrow.com and the payment has been secured, the funds are held until you confirm that all assets received are as negotiated. You can use the inspection period to ask the seller any extra questions about the business.
Safe store transfer
When the transaction is finalized, the dedicated migration team at Exchange will begin the process of making you the new owner of the store. Buyers and sellers will be notified via an email from the Exchange team once store transfers have been completed.
Post-purchase 24/7 Shopify support
Once you log into your Shopify account for the first time and choose a subscription plan, Shopify Support Gurus are available 24/7 to help you with the settings of the store.