- Avg. revenue /month$9,580
- Avg. sessions /month7,152
- Avg. profit /month$1,289
Why this business was started
I found the product and fell in love with its uniqueness and USP.
As an entrepreneur with multiple Shopify businesses in the past, I enjoy finding a winning product, and building a brand around it that outshines any other in its space, and then selling the brand to a new owner who has a proven record to scale new businesses.
The reason of selling this business
I am leaving the E-commerce space to start a SMMA. This business requires a passionate and dedicated owner, and I feel as though I am not able to do both at the same time unfortunately.
What's involved in running this business
I work with WIIO, a Chinese fulfilment company / warehouse provider.
I have an agent; Aiko, who finds the best the quality suppliers and helps me order in bulk and deal with customer returns, quality check, and any communication between me and the supplier.
Aiko is great at making sure we keep on top of the inventory, and that orders are processed ASAP to get the orders shipped out quickly.
As a result, orders reach the customer within 5-18 days usually.
Traffic and Performance
- Avg. revenue /month$9,580Verified
- Avg. sessions /month7,152Verified
- Avg. profit /month$1,289
- Profit Margin9%
- Avg. sales /month190
- Shopify plan
- Email Marketing, reviews, order tracking, sticky add to cart and auto syncing tracking numbers to PayPal
Physical inventoryNot Included
Logo and branding assets1 x emblem logo (png + jpeg) 1 x logo with text (png + jpeg) All photos currently on website will be available to the new owner. These can be sent via email or share drive. There are also more video creatives and model photos which will be made available to the new owner.
Personal support after saleHappy to be in direct contact for the first 3 months. I will support with the initial teething issues (if any) and can also offer my advice on growing the business, and understanding the brand identity to be able to take over customer service (which has high ratings!)
Product photosNo preference. All custom photos, model photos, professional photography / videography, + Ad creatives
How to grow this business
How I would grow the store in the next 5 years:
1) Facebook Ads The store took a hit post iOS 14 update. Moving forward I would target more countries than just the US, UK, CA, AU and NZ. There is a wider market to sell to other areas in Europe, which hasn't really been explored.
If I had more budget I would certainly test new creatives, film new clips and test new video edits on Facebook & Instagram, and scale accordingly.
Surprisingly I have reached over $170K+ revenue, with mainly just 1 creative. I would recommend the new owner of the business to prioritize marketing, by investing into a variety of clips which can be used to make new material which could lead to higher ROAS and a lower cost per purchase.
2) TikTok Ads This is an ever growing platform with a lot of potential. There are many different trending hash tags such as #parentinghacks which would be perfect for this product. I would a) use TikTok's ad manager for paid traffic, but make the ad look as far away from an ad as possible - and b) I would reach out to a popular new mom on TikTok, offer her the product for free and a commission of sales over a 48hr period and ask her to post how the bag has been a game changer for her as a parent.
3) Instagram influencers I have not explored this option but am very well aware of the potential. I would send the bag to 5-10 new mothers on Instagram with 50-100K followers, with a nice letter attached to say "we love your content and what you're doing, we feel that your personality really aligns with the brand. Here's a free baby bag for you to enjoy, if you like the product - please just post about it giving your feedback to your audience".
4) Retargetting & Google ADs I would recommend creating ads specifically for retargetting audiences. Warm leads from the 3 avenues can be targeted with a specific offering, e.g. 20% off, as customers have considered ordering from That Baby Bag in the past, but price may have been the hurdle. I would also experiment with google ads. I know that google ads have been successful for other similar companies in this space, I have just not tried it myself. I would use SKAGS strategy for google ads, and also create a branded search campaign, so that people who see your ad on FB and google your site, will find you there at the top of the google search, which will lead to conversions and act as a retargetting campaign for warm leads.
Also worth mentioning that to really scale this store up, I would recommend focusing on adding value to the user, what incentives can I offer to entice people to make the sale? There is an opportunity to really create a solid brand identity, brand each bag and engage with 3PL's in the main countries or at least the US or AUS (top selling countries) to be able to advertise 3-5 day shipping times.
I have been in contact with shipbob who are willing to work with the store based on the sales figures, they are a great 3PL in the US - as logistics isn't my background I didn't take the leap but this would be my advice to the new owners.
Skills to have
Marketing skills are important to achieve full potential.
Innovative and open mindset, willing to explore trending avenues like TikTok, YouTube, Google Ads - ALL of which haven't yet been explored with this store.
The new owner should also have the ability to look at the business with fresh eyes, and put theirselves in the mindset of the customer/consumer.
Our features for a secure experience
- Verified revenue and traffic
- Secure messaging platform
- Escrow payment system
- Dedicated migration team
Why use Exchange?
Exchange is the largest and fastest-growing marketplace for Shopify e-commerce stores
Verified listing data
The revenue and traffic data that you see on each listing is pulled directly from its Shopify account. This means that the data has been verified. Exchange reviews and monitors listings for thorough and accurate information.
Secure messaging platform
You will be able to communicate with sellers via a secure messaging platform. After you log in and request information from a listing, sellers are notified and have the ability to respond. When you are ready, you can make an offer.
Encrypted payment capture
Exchange and Escrow.com have partnered together to provide you with safe transactions that have bank encryption, making sure that payment is securely captured. Escrow.com ensures that its users pass verification checks before transactions can proceed.
Take time to inspect the business
Once you submit payment to Escrow.com and the payment has been secured, the funds are held until you confirm that all assets received are as negotiated. You can use the inspection period to ask the seller any extra questions about the business.
Safe store transfer
When the transaction is finalized, the dedicated migration team at Exchange will begin the process of making you the new owner of the store. Buyers and sellers will be notified via an email from the Exchange team once store transfers have been completed.
Post-purchase 24/7 Shopify support
Once you log into your Shopify account for the first time and choose a subscription plan, Shopify Support Gurus are available 24/7 to help you with the settings of the store.