- Avg. revenue /month$2,395
- Avg. sessions /month7,252
- Avg. profit /month$2,000
Why this business was started
I bought this from the forums on Shopify from someone else. I saw a great price point and average order value on a niche hobby item that has people you can identiy online and they will also spread the word in their hobby. Plus, it is about whiskey and alcohol, so it could way more boring and I thought it was a newer hobby with some staying power. Similar to Home- brewing beer in 2001. I thought I could add my special sauce to it as the original owner built content and a social following. I added some PPC and Amazon. Whatever special skill/connection you have can be applied to this business.
The reason of selling this business
- Money. To make it you need to buy the stills in bulk to get the best discounts. $60K plus or minus. That makes it profitable on Amazon and allows me to drop the price on the site to compete. I have also raised the prices on the products to slow the sales because I need that extra margin to have drop-shipping worth it and so I'm no longer stocking my FBA account so no more Amazon. And I don't have the cash available because my other business (and life) requires it. You can drop ship without it, but you will need to buy/finance the inventory. I just can't float the money anymore and have other priorities.
- Time - I have completely run out of time to invest so it has fallen off. Just needs basic customer service and the usual marketing to get sales. And of course competitive pricing like I had last year with inventory.
- Marie Kondo it -- I've had it a while, had some decent success, but it's time to let someone else take a shot at it and focus on my other projects.
What's involved in running this business
Customer service - answering phones. Customers want to talk with a real person. This is a big purchase for these people and they've researched a lot already. -- Marketing -- whatever skill you have can be applied. It gets a ton of SEO traffic and I haven't added content in 3 years. Residual ranks. Email, PPC, Video all would work. Not much else. I put inventory at Amazon and synched with the store. I occasionally fixed some copper stills that were damaged in transit. I'm not an expert, but I did a lot with a $5 rubber mallet.
Traffic and Performance
- Avg. revenue /month$2,395Verified
- Avg. sessions /month7,252Verified
- Avg. profit /month$2,000
- Profit Margin20%
- Avg. sales /month30
- Shopify plan
- toll free number
- Google Ads
Physical inventoryNot Included
Logo and branding assetsI have dropbox files, but mostly it's what in the site. I don't have originals
Personal support after saleI'd prefer to do more hours the first month (10-20) and then try to keep to to an hour a month for a few months. I won't completely disappear after that, but keep it to emergencies. This business isn't that complicated so once I give you control and I can do a bunch of screenshare help, then Shopify and Amazon support might be more valuable. I'll also connect you with my Touch of Modern contact. I had several nice deals with them, but margin is skinny so you need to have inventory in the US.
Product photosI don't have those, just what's in site.
How to grow this business
- Answer the phone, emails, chat, etc. (kidding, but not kidding)
- Stay on Amazon, advertise there (this worked last year)
- Create YouTube videos and other social content. How to videos, IG stories, etc.
- Email marketing and follow up funnels 5 Additional products - kits, barrels, etc.fd
Skills to have
No, but an an interest in whiskey or distilling alcohol would be much preferred. I did not have that expertise, but I think it would really take this to the next level.
PPC, social media basics are nice. Video production would help too.
Our features for a secure experience
- Verified revenue and traffic
- Secure messaging platform
- Escrow payment system
- Dedicated migration team
Why use Exchange?
Exchange is the largest and fastest-growing marketplace for Shopify e-commerce stores
Verified listing data
The revenue and traffic data that you see on each listing is pulled directly from its Shopify account. This means that the data has been verified. Exchange reviews and monitors listings for thorough and accurate information.
Secure messaging platform
You will be able to communicate with sellers via a secure messaging platform. After you log in and request information from a listing, sellers are notified and have the ability to respond. When you are ready, you can make an offer.
Encrypted payment capture
Exchange and Escrow.com have partnered together to provide you with safe transactions that have bank encryption, making sure that payment is securely captured. Escrow.com ensures that its users pass verification checks before transactions can proceed.
Take time to inspect the business
Once you submit payment to Escrow.com and the payment has been secured, the funds are held until you confirm that all assets received are as negotiated. You can use the inspection period to ask the seller any extra questions about the business.
Safe store transfer
When the transaction is finalized, the dedicated migration team at Exchange will begin the process of making you the new owner of the store. Buyers and sellers will be notified via an email from the Exchange team once store transfers have been completed.
Post-purchase 24/7 Shopify support
Once you log into your Shopify account for the first time and choose a subscription plan, Shopify Support Gurus are available 24/7 to help you with the settings of the store.