wydr - Art Galleries are for the 1%, wydr for the 99%www.wydr.co
- Avg. revenue /month$616
- Avg. sessions /month7,898
- Avg. profit /month$1
Why this business was started
Driven by the question of why it is so difficult to find affordable but original art for homes, the two founders of wydr brainstormed and came up with the brilliant idea of getting artists exposure for their work while providing discerning art lovers with relatively inexpensive exquisite original art. The result of their idea is wydr, a platform that makes it easy for art lovers and artists to find each other.
The reason of selling this business
We haven't done anything for the last year and a half. Therefore no more revenue generated. I got sick and ended up in a new job. Giving up on entrepreurs life. There's a better owner than me.
What's involved in running this business
It's a marketplace without much to do from your end. Of course spreading the word helps.
wydr is a stunning premium looking art marketplace. The store offers a wide range of collections and has a huge growth and lucrative market potential. You will receive ownership, an email List of 50k members as well as the assets listed below.
wydr is the online marketplace where artists and art lovers around the world connect to create, sell, and buy unique artworks.
With accompanying iOS & Android apps, we are changing how people interact with art, employing the same like/dislike structure popularised by Tinder to give artists the recognition and financial reward that they deserve, and art lovers the fantastic artwork that they desire. The apps are outdated and not used anymore. We could reactivate those if you like.
Own your online marketplace today and watch the cash flow come in as the marketplace grows.
When you buy this store, you are buying an automated and ready to scale online business. Our primary source of traffic is Facebook posts, shares and organic reach. We experimented with paid advertisement early on, but haven’t done so in the last 6 months. All traffic organic! That’s a huge opportunity to start advertising, using our hot Facebook pixel, custom audiences and retargeting.
Who needs galleries when you can just flip through a stack of artworks on your phone, swiping right when you like what you see and left when you don’t? Our user is a typical Gen X/Y who wants to decide for himself what to like! Wydr changes how people interact with art. No curator, as all artworks are community curated. Artists get feedback on what users like, and users see what’s hot.
Our customers like to be original, without spending a fortune at an art gallery, and without buying one of the many generic posters at a furniture shop. Wydr isn’t for the art collector, but for the casual art lover. We see purchases of up to $500 happening on the wydr app, over $500 rather on [REDACTED] where users can see the artwork on a larger screen.
Both apps and the website have the capability that allows artist to post products and you can collect commissions from sellers on the marketplace. Currently that’s set to 30%. However, you can change that however you like. There is also the possibility to charge artists for access to the platform or to upsell service and trainings.
Our focus has moved on to other projects so we'd love to see it live on with another passionate owner. We’ve been tied up with our ventures in the last 3 months so haven’t concentrated too much on this business. With the right person behind this site, you can really take advantage of the coming Xmas season.
Own your automated online business before the busy holiday season and start making sales right away!
In addition to the Shopify store, you will have access to: - premium theme Out-of-the-sandbox "Turbo theme" - Facebook Business Account (with a hot Facebook pixel for art lovers and a hot Pixel for artists) - Google Adwords Account - Pinterest Account - Instagram Account - Twitter Account - Customer Email List with almost 50,000 art lovers
Why should someone buy this store?
Lots of Pixel data and email list its easy for someone to take-off in ecommerce business without doing costly mistakes.
Wydr isn’t “just an online store”, it has left its mark in the Tech and Art scene globally and has the potential to be a key player in the disrupting the fine art market. Read more: https://www.timeout.com/usa/blog/there-is-now-a-tinder-app-for-art-and-its-amazing-070816 https://www.producthunt.com/posts/wydr-2 https://news.artnet.com/art-world/art-tinder-app-wydr-544910 http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/wydr-how-the-tinder-for-artists-and-buyers-could-turn-the-art-industry-upside-down-a7151266.html https://techcrunch.com/2016/07/06/wydr-is-tinder-for-buying-art/
• Automated online marketplace • An innovative product in a hot industry. The Art Industry is about to get disrupted, be there when it happens! • Projected online sales for art industry is on the raise, growing to a 9.78 Billion market size • Proven marketing strategy that works extremely well with the Art Industry • Series of on boarding emails to educate users and build a long-term relationship • iOS and Android app, with a backend admin portal • with a VA (optionally to be transferred) pretty much you will be buying a turnkey Business with everything in place
How can the future owner improve the business?
• Add more customization products such as Home Décor • Add the possibility of buying limited edition prints of an original artwork • Automate Google Adwards to manage retargeting and bid on keywords • Increase Pinterest ads as these have proven to work well within the industry • Add affiliate program (I can recommend and setup an app that does that fully automated). Increase reach via influencers. • Increase artist engagement on the marketplace. Artists share their work on social media, which results in free promotion for wydr. • Decrease loading speed to improve User Experience • Expand into other categories such as Home Decor and gift items that has been proven to work well with the brand • Leverage existing artworks and create additional brand / shop / category for posters, shirts, bags, etc • Build a community on top of the over 5,000 artists. Provide additional services, trainings, to earn extra income.
What work have you put into the store?
• Customised Out-of-the-sandbox Turbo theme; the “best reviewed and most popular Shopify themes - ever.” • Wydr.co and other domain names • iOS and Google Play Store apps with admin backend • all logos, designs, etc. • Website gone through A/B Testing for the best Customer Experience • App that manages the artist sign-up, creation of new art works, edits of works. automatically synced with Shopify • The artist portal automatically triggers the communication flow with the artist and the buyer. Account creation, sales, shipping, refund, all managed within the app • Raving fans on both sides of the market
Traffic and Performance
- Avg. revenue /month$616Verified
- Avg. sessions /month7,898Verified
- Avg. profit /month$1
- Profit Margin30%
- Avg. sales /month1
- Shopify plan
Physical inventoryNot Included
Logo and branding assetsLogo, banners, pictures,...
Personal support after salehelp you get the store setup and running again. I'll help you to get used to all the tools. How they connect with each other. And of course will give you an overview of all the brand stories.
Product photosNot Included
Our features for a secure experience
- Verified revenue and traffic
- Secure messaging platform
- Escrow payment system
- Dedicated migration team
Why use Exchange?
Exchange is the largest and fastest-growing marketplace for Shopify e-commerce stores
Verified listing data
The revenue and traffic data that you see on each listing is pulled directly from its Shopify account. This means that the data has been verified. Exchange reviews and monitors listings for thorough and accurate information.
Secure messaging platform
You will be able to communicate with sellers via a secure messaging platform. After you log in and request information from a listing, sellers are notified and have the ability to respond. When you are ready, you can make an offer.
Encrypted payment capture
Exchange and Escrow.com have partnered together to provide you with safe transactions that have bank encryption, making sure that payment is securely captured. Escrow.com ensures that its users pass verification checks before transactions can proceed.
Take time to inspect the business
Once you submit payment to Escrow.com and the payment has been secured, the funds are held until you confirm that all assets received are as negotiated. You can use the inspection period to ask the seller any extra questions about the business.
Safe store transfer
When the transaction is finalized, the dedicated migration team at Exchange will begin the process of making you the new owner of the store. Buyers and sellers will be notified via an email from the Exchange team once store transfers have been completed.
Post-purchase 24/7 Shopify support
Once you log into your Shopify account for the first time and choose a subscription plan, Shopify Support Gurus are available 24/7 to help you with the settings of the store.